We’re looking for a passionate software engineer to design, develop and deliver our core products.
As a software engineer at Montonio, you’ll have the opportunity to dive into account-to-account payments, credit intermediation, open banking, or other exciting projects. You can choose to work either full-stack or only on the backend.
Expected salary range: 4,200 € – 6,000 € gross monthly.
No bullshit, low bureaucracy
As a young team, we don’t have strict processes or archaic structures. As we’re still building our engineering culture, you’ll be able to pitch in to help us create an environment that drives innovation while giving people the freedom to do things their way. We believe that people bring their A-game when they have the freedom to work the way they want and when they have room for experimenting.
Your daily missions
- Work together with the CTO, product managers, salespeople, and other team members to understand our customers and identify the features or product improvements that could bring the most value to our merchants.
- Work with your fellow engineers to execute these ideas and build great user experiences.
- Discuss and discover technology – explore new ways technology can help us further transform the e-commerce landscape.
Our expectations for you
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience with modern cloud-native software development practices.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- You have a strong interest in thinking about how users interact with the product.
- You’re a skilled communicator – you’re proficient in written and spoken English and are able to work cross-functionally with designers, business developers, and marketing people.
- Track record of taking ideas to execution – from development to deployment.
Here are some of the technologies we work with. Don't worry, there's no need to be familiar with all of them 🙂
- Node.js and Typescript on the back-end (NestJS framework)
- Angular on the front-end
- Our database of choice is PostgreSQL. Elasticsearch also makes an appearance
- We run our code in Docker containers and make heavy use of the AWS infrastructure
What's in it for you?
You will join the company at a very opportune time, meaning we’re still a team of 20 people and we’re aiming to grow to 100 people by the end of the year. It is a very exciting time that enables the possibility to be part of shaping the company, our products, and our brand.
You will also get:
- A competitive salary and company stock options
- A neat office in Noblessner, Tallinn
- A team of friendly, forward-thinking people that are always there to support each other
- The chance to tackle big challenges in fintech and e-commerce
- Flexible working schedule and remote working possibilities
- Opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility
So what happens after you apply?
- We will review your application and contact you regardless of the outcome.
- In a positive scenario, you can expect up to 3 calls to be scheduled.
- 1st – To brief you more about Montonio and the role, and to understand your history and experience relevant to this role.
- 2nd – What does the culture of Montonio look like and does it fit you?
- 3rd – Call with the team lead and members, to chat and see the fit.