Montonio is an e-commerce checkout orchestration platform, loved by over 3000 merchants in the Baltics, Finland, and Poland. To date, we have raised nearly 14M € from people who built Wise, Bolt, and Pipedrive. With our innovative open banking approach, we will disrupt the payment industry and build a new way of payment.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for sourcing potential customers in the German market and nurturing them through the sales cycle. This person will be tasked primarily with attracting and closing merchant customers. This will include cold calling, cold emailing, conducting phone and in-person meetings, and attending events and conferences. In some cases, you will also guide the merchant through the onboarding. Because Montonio is so young, there is a great deal of opportunity for the role to grow with the company.
This is a remote-hybrid job. Some business travel to our Tallinn (Estonia) office will be expected.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience selling payment solutions to e-Commerce retailers, but we encourage people with other relevant B2B sales experience to apply.
Our expectations for you:
- At least 1 to 2 years of sales experience (preferably in payments, software, and/or retail)
- Experience in driving full-cycle sales via cold-calling
- Good understanding of a sales process
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to divulge product information in an engaging manner
- Excellent spoken and written German (fluent) and English
- Start-up mindset - you can operate without unnecessary bureaucracy and a genuine interest in maintaining a growth-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Residency in Germany
- Ideally Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Hubspot, and Excel is a plus
- Understanding of the alternative payments market is a plus
- Team player. We are team-first here at Montonio
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build
- An excellent communicator
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others
What we offer:
You would be joining Montonio at a very opportune time. We’re still a team of 40+ people and we are growing. A very exciting time that enables the possibility to be part of shaping this organization, our products, and Montonio's brand.
- We live in a competitive world thus we offer competitive compensation with uncapped bonus & commission for your sales results
- Company stock options
- Flexible working schedule and hybrid remote working possibilities
- A driven but easy-going team and a chance to grow professionally
- No corporate BS (for real)