Montonio is an e-commerce checkout orchestration platform, loved by over 5000 merchants in the Baltics, Finland, and Poland. To date, we have raised nearly 14M € from people who built Wise, Bolt, and Pipedrive. With our innovative open banking approach, we will disrupt the e-commerce industry and build a new way of payment.
As a software engineer at Montonio, you’ll have the opportunity to dive into account-to-account payments, credit intermediation, open banking, or other exciting projects. You can choose to work either full-stack or only on the backend.
As a young team, we don’t have strict processes or archaic structures. As we’re still building our engineering culture, you’ll be able to pitch in to help us create an environment that drives innovation while giving people the freedom to do things their way. We believe that people bring their A-game when they have the freedom to work the way they want and when they have room for experimenting.
What you will do:
- Work together with your team, product managers, designers and our CTO to understand our customers and identify the features or product improvements that could bring the most value to our merchants.
- Work with your fellow engineers to execute these ideas and build great user experiences.
- Discuss and discover technology – explore new ways technology can help us further transform the e-commerce landscape.
Our expectations for you:
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience with modern cloud-native software development practices.
- You have a strong interest in thinking about how users interact with the product.
- You’re a skilled communicator – you’re proficient in written and spoken English and are able to work cross-functionally with designers, business developers, and marketing people.
Track record of taking ideas to execution – from development to deployment.
Here are some of the technologies we work with. Don't worry, there's no need to be familiar with all of them 🙂
Node.js and Typescript on the back-end (NestJS framework)
Angular on the front-end
- Our database of choice is PostgreSQL
- We run our code in Docker containers and make heavy use of the AWS infrastructure
What we offer:
You would be joining Montonio at a very opportune time. We’re still a team of 50+ people and we are growing. It is a very exciting time that enables the possibility to be part of shaping the organization, our products, and Montonio's brand.
- A salary of 4000 - 5500 EUR gross (based on seniority)
- Company stock options
- A neat office in Tallinn
- Private health insurance
- A team of friendly, forward-thinking people that always support each other
- Flexible working schedule and hybrid-friendly culture
- Opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility