Montonio is an e-commerce checkout platform, loved by over 8000 merchants in the Baltics, Finland, and Poland. To date, we have raised nearly 14M € from Index Ventures and the people who built Wise, Bolt, and Pipedrive. With our modular approach, we are disrupting the e-commerce industry and building a new way of checkout. 🚀
As a senior software engineer at Montonio, you’re in for an adventure! Dive into the world of shipping, checkout, account-to-account payments, the magic of open banking, or other exciting projects. With a full-stack role, you'll get to work across both front-end and back-end, as we believe in the power of building and testing user experiences from beginning to end.
We’re all about creating products with heart and soul. As a Montonio software engineer, your mission extends beyond just coding – you’re here to craft experiences that our merchants fall in love with. We believe that the best products are built with care for the entire lifecycle of the product, from designing to deploying to iterating based on user feedback. You'll shine in this role if you're driven by our merchants' success, always keeping an eye on how your work fits into the larger context of our product.
As a young team, we don’t have strict processes or archaic structures. As we’re still building our engineering culture, you’ll be able to pitch in to help us create an environment that drives innovation while giving people the space to try out new things. We believe that people bring their A-game in an environment that encourages creativity and innovation while keeping the needs of the customer and the team close to heart.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with your team, product managers, designers, and our CTO to truly understand our customers and pinpoint the most impactful features or product enhancements.
- Partner with your fellow engineers to turn these ideas into reality, build great user experiences, and iterate.
- Discuss and discover technology – explore new ways technology can help us further transform the e-commerce landscape.
Our expectations for you:
- 5+ of professional experience in software development.
- Experience with modern cloud-native software development practices.
- You have a strong interest in thinking about how users interact with the product.
- You’re a skilled communicator – you’re proficient in written and spoken English and are able to work cross-functionally with designers, business developers, and marketing people.
- You work great individually, but even better with a team that you can depend on and in turn, who can depend on you.
Track record of taking ideas to execution – from development to deployment.
We believe passionate engineers can thrive in any environment, no matter the language or framework. Hence, there’s no need to be already familiar with all of our tech 😁. Here are some of the technologies you can expect to work with at Montonio:
Node.js and TypeScript on the back-end (NestJS framework).
Angular on the front-end.
- Our database of choice is PostgreSQL.
- We run our code in Docker containers and make heavy use of the AWS infrastructure.
What we offer:
You would be joining Montonio at a very opportune time. We’re still a team of 60+ people and we are growing. It is a very exciting time that enables the possibility to be part of shaping the organization, our products, and Montonio's brand.
- A competitive salary based on skill and experience 💰
- Company stock options 📈
- 6 weeks of paid time off (30 working days) 🏝️
- A team of friendly, forward-thinking people who always support each other 💡
- Flexible working schedule and hybrid-remote culture 🏡
- Opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility 🌱
- Top-of-the-line tech, and naturally, Montonio swag 😎